This is a featured post from Lyuben Georgiev at Outrider.
Search engine optimization search marketing strategies are one of the most effective ways of making yourself accessible to the virtual Internet world. Without this, you simply won’t be able to have an effective presence online that will help your business grow and keep up with the competition. How do you know that you’re not accessible? Try typing some of the keywords that are relevant to your business. If your business doesn’t come out in the first one or two pages of the search results, then you’re not very accessible. If you can go through ten pages or more without coming across the slightest whiff of your website, fan-page, or other web content, then you might as well consider yourself non-existent in the world of search engines.
The Importance of Strategy
Being able to develop a sound search marketing strategy will help you to manage your budget and meet your most pressing needs. It will do this by directing your efforts and funds into projects that are expected to render the best possible results, while putting less important activities on the back burner until the funds can be found to get them started. Without a proper search marketing strategy, it would be very easy to lose track of the progress of your campaign, and there is a good likelihood that you will spend your money inefficiently because of the failure to prioritize tasks.
Any good SEO strategy will have at least two components to consider: long term steps and short term steps.
Long term steps are not repeated frequently, and they include the following:
- Keyword Phrase Analysis: This is the initial part of any SEO search marketing project involves determining which words are most relevant to your business. Another thing to consider would be words that have a high search rate (which means people are looking for information on these particular key words), but yield little results (there isn’t much information available yet for these key words).
- Competitive Analysis: You need to compare and contrast yourselves with the competition to find out what they are doing that you can discard, emulate or improve upon.
- Web Design and Development: Although it is possible to redesign an existing website according to SEO search marketing principles, it is most effective to start from scratch.
Short terms steps require constant and regular repetition, and they include the following:
- Content Creation: Search engines give high ratings to websites that are frequently updated with relevant data.
- Link Building: External links (links outside of your website that point others to your websites) are considered as referrals, and will boost your points significantly in search engine rankings.
- Social Media Optimization: By creating your own space in social networking sites (of course, the space isn’t really yours, but you can make it work for you, anyway), you broaden your reach and are able to connect with people who are interested in what your business has to offer.
About the Author
Lyuben Georgiev works for one of the leading search marketing agencies in the world – Outrider. You can find some of his useful tips in popular blogs such as Search Engine People.